Business cards are necessary. They are a simple way for clients, employers, and acquaintances to access your information easily. However, they all look alike. So, how do you make yours unique, noticeable, useful, and most of all, memorable? Here are some ideas for companies in different industries:
- For tech support: Put your information on a magnetic screen cleaner. Your name will always be available because it will be attached to the side or back of their computer, and it’s also a product they will use. When the business card is actually a useful item, your company will definitely stand out.
- For lawn care businesses: Put your employee’s information on a packet of seeds. The empty packet may go back in the stack of cards, but they are sure to remember this card and most importantly, you.
- For candy makers: Include a sample of your product wrapped up in a wrapper that also serves as the business card. This gives them a chance to try your product without ordering anything!
- For furniture stores: Make your card an easy-to-assemble piece of furniture. Display your information on various parts of the piece. It can be displayed at their desk all the time too.
- For tour guides or travel agencies: Print your information on a miniature, foldable map. Have the map be of your actual location to make it easier for them to find you when they come into the office!
- For photographers: Display your information on the back of a Polaroid photo. It offers a sample of your work on one side and the customer can hang it up on their bulletin board!
- For construction: Use a thin wood plate to print your information on. The extra thickness will differentiate it from the others in the stack and they will easily remember what your business does.
- For health care: Make the wrapper of a Band-Aid the place to display your information. Again, it differentiates you from the others and focuses on what you do.
A company in any industry can make their business cards unique by creating a card that emphasizes the service they offer. So, next time you’re ordering business cards for your company, think outside of the box so your cards will make a statement!