Point-of-purchase displays are another marketing opportunity to sell more of your product and engage new customers. These displays can be conveniently placed in prime locations in retail stores, whether it’s near the checkout line or the end of an aisle, and will be seen by thousands of people every week. Here are some quick tips to keep in mind while creating your next POP display:
- The design, colors, and features of the display should be attention grabbing. Select an unusual theme to catch the passerby’s eye. But also keep your target market in mind and make it relatable enough so that they won’t be deterred.
- Have the display be interactive. Always include tangible products, unless they are very expensive and need to be behind a case. You want them to be able to pick up the product and make that purchase right away.
- Use this as a platform to communicate messages to consumers, such as new product features and benefits or current deals. Be sure to use simple phrasing, while keeping the words large enough to be read from a distance so shoppers will be lured to the display.
- Provide product information through brochures or pamphlets, digital touch screens, or video presentations. These will get people to stay in front of the booth longer and help them recall the information later on.
- Include coupons on the table to be used with this purchase and the next. It will give them an incentive to try your product twice, and hopefully get them to keep buying it. You could also use the display as a place for consumers to sign up for a contest, which is an easy way to get consumer information.
- Change up the displays frequently to make them more noticeable. Switch the featured product, the deal offered, or the contest being held. This strategic move will get consumers to check back on a regular basis for something new from your company.
Following these simple tips for your point-of-purchase displays will help to make it a profitable marketing initiative for your company.